Chatbot, or more commonly known as a bot, is a virtual chat agent. Bots can automatically chat with your customer based on preset rules and scripts. For example, bots can answer the most common questions or generate leads for you by requesting contact information from interested visitors.
Bots have recently attracted the attention of the general public. Chatbots can be categorized in many ways, but the two most common types are scripted chatbots and AI chatbots that utilize artificial intelligence.
Scripted bots are easier to create because they don’t require coding skills. A scripted bot can take just a few minutes to install and is the most affordable option and especially recommended for small and medium businesses. To enable a bot, all you have to do is register with a chatbot platform of your choice and install it on your website. Default bot scripts and workflows are often available and ready-to-use. You can also customize workflows and create completely new bots yourself.
Bot services often support a live chat solution that includes people as customer service representatives. A common approach is that a live chat agent helps your clients and some tasks are automated with bots. For example, in modern online shops, live chat and bot service complement each other. Of course, you can also use a bot without a live chat.
Bots meet the needs of your customers and make your site more accessible and personal. Both parties benefit because bots automatically help your customers and boost your sales.
For example, a bot can increase your sales in the following ways:
- Generate leads: One of the best features of a chatbot is to configure it to collect contacts, or leads. Even if you are not available, your customer can order a call or email from a bot at any time of the day.
- Answer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): You can save significant time by using your chatbot to automatically answer frequently asked questions.
- Send welcome messages: Greet your visitors with a welcome message either on the front page or on specific pages.
- Capture visitors that are about to leave: The bot can capture extra time from your visitors by attracting leaving customers. The bot can change their mind with an offer or try to get feedback.
- Activate your Facebook page visitors: You can also activate your Facebook channel visitors by integrating the chatbot into Facebook Messenger in addition to your website.
- Assist your customer service assistants in a hurry: You can use the chatbot to support your customer service team. The bot can provide basic customer service and handle easy cases or, if necessary, pass on the conversation to a human.
- Inform about a discount or campaign: Chatbot can help you influence your customers’ browsing behavior to improve your customer experience, for example by informing of promotions, directing customers to selected products, or entering promotional codes.
- Tag customers: A bot can tag customers who mention a particular phrase or visit a specific product site. Marked customers can receive personalized messages and chat options.
- Check the status of your ecommerce order: Integrate the chatbot into your ecommerce platform so your customers can check the status of their purchase through the chatbot discussion.
- Save an abandoned shopping cart: When your customers abandon their virtual shopping carts, your chatbot will remind them to complete the purchase process.
Contact us and let’s design a bot to complement your web service and boost sales!
We want to help you. Contact us and let's discuss your goals.Contact us